California Dreamin'

Monday, July 20, 2015

Tyler and I got the lucky chance to go back to his home state, California! We LOVE it there, and every time we visit we question why we aren't living there. We are sunny, beach-bum people at heart.

We took the trip because we were having a Jensen Family Reunion. Tyler and I headed out a couple days early so that we could have a mini-couples trip. Lets be honest, with us both having full-time work, full-time school and being so busy at church, we definitely needed the couple time! We flew into LAX and, because of our delayed flight, missed our connecting flight to San Diego. For some reason the airlines locked up our luggage in some facility a few miles away, and couldn't get it out until the next morning. We ended up renting a car around 3am Arkansas time, arriving at our San Diego hotel around 5am Arkansas time, and then sweet Tyler went to the airport to pick up our luggage around 7am from a packed flight that they were able to fit our luggage on. Craziness!
In-N-Out Love! 

Despite the traveling fiasco's, we tried not to let our day get wasted and went to the beach. It turned out that my Brother and his family were in town from Arizona for the weekend, so we met up with them at the beach. It was the perfect day!
My sweet SIL, Becca! It was awesome seeing them! 
After beaching it up, we hit up one of the best firework shows we have ever seen at Oceanside. It was perfect because it was right outside our hotel. We just sat in the parking lot and watched the magic, and then walked the strip to see what yummy treats all the food trucks were selling.

That's the pier where Tyler took me to tell me he loves me. Maybe I'm corny
for posting it, but oh well! I still love it and think it's tender! 
The next day we went to the Oceanside beach. That's the beach where Tyler told me that he loved me for the first time, hence it is our favorite beach. After that we headed off to Point Loma. It's this gorgeous lookout over the pier and the ocean. It was a great view, and it was fun to explore with Tyler.
Tyler get's onto me when I start focusing too much on taking pictures. Below is an example of me losing my camera privileges. He ran at me and took my camera away. The good news is, I documented it! See Ty! Aren't you glad I take pictures and catch your great expressions! ;)

After Point Loma, we returned our rental car and met up with the Jensen family. The reunion was a blast. We did everything from boating, kayaking in La Jolla, surf lessons, boogey boarding to having Mario Kart and Dr. Mario Wii tournaments. It was great! We had a lot of fun seeing all of the family, especially since we are the odd ones out, in regards to not living in the Northwest part of the states. We especially had fun catching up with Tyler's twin, Travis, and his wife, Cami. We went non-stop from activity to activity.

Surf Lesson, Brah! 


Cami and Christopher
Travis and Cami 
Ty and I
Happy Gene! He just loves the family time! And we love him.. and his hat! :) 
So, shout out's of thanks are owed to Gene and Michele for wanting and making a family reunion happen. We are so glad we were able to go. Also, shout out of thanks to Cami, because she planned all of the activities and worked out the kinks. It was perfect, seriously! We had so much fun, and we haven't been so tired in a long time!
Overall it was an awesome trip. Now we're home with piles of laundry to do and work to catch up on. We are heading off for another trip soon with two of my brothers to the Bahamas. Like I said earlier, we are summer loving, beach-bums. Summers are the best!

Thanks for reading! We love you all and appreciate you catching up with our busy lives!

With Love,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs