Girls Camp... Again? ....Well Don't Mind If I Do!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

So some of you may know that my Mom is the Stake President over the young women in our church and little did I know she has been bringing my name up in the meetings preparing for girls camp in the summer. So she briefly tells me about how the Spanish Branch doesn't have a camp mom/director and that they have been talking about me and I may be getting a call from them. Sure enough last weekend I get a call from their bishop thanking me for volunteering and officially welcoming me to the job.

Soo. Girls Camp. It's seriously awesome! But I've only been as a youth, never as the adult leader! Little to say I'm pretty excited but I'm pretty nervous all the same. The theme this year is based off of Dr. Seuss and it's "Oh to the Temple we Go" (like "Oh the places you'll go") and our wards theme is based off of the Grinch. I already have some awesome ideas of what we can do with that. I meet with my girls next Wednesday to get the ball rolling. Hopefully they'll like, hopefully they all know English and hopefully they won't make fun of my Spanglish and instead will help my poor Spanish skills.

I'm pretty excited! Tyler isn't quite sure how he feels about me being gone for a whole week, but I'm sure he won't mind. He'll probably play golf everyday, go to bed early like he loves and play our Wii all the time. (Did I mention we got a Wii this week?) - I have to say that in my opinion the new Donkey Kong game is pretty awesome, but then again I like the cheesy games like that. Tyler's opinion is a little different :).

That's pretty much the newest update for now. We went down to Houston last week to visit Tyler's Mom and Step-Dad but a post on that is soon to come! Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs