DIY Project!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Okay, so while in Memphis last week we stopped by my Mom's Uncle's "Junk Shop". He bids on storage units that need to be emptied and he takes all of the things that he wins to his "junk shop" and sells them. It's a creative person's dream store! My sister-in-law and I were loving it! So of course, we got some fun things to work on. We each bought some big mirrors and I also got a little clock. Take a look at how it went:

First we cleaned off our frames and then taped off the glass from the paint. 


This one is my Sister in Laws but I thought I'd include it since it's gorgeous! 

Next we sanded the frames down so that any flaky, unreliable stuff won't be falling off later leaving us with a blotchy frame. 

Paint time!


Voila! 


Finished Product! I would like to switch out the interior of the clock and see if I can make a new background on it, but that's a project to be done another day.


Feel free to ignore the reflections in the mirror! Just focus on the frame :)

Before and Afters!






Now I want to find more junk shops and do another project! I would not mind at all making this my new hobby! There is something deeply satisfying about taking something ugly and outdated and making it cute and fresh looking! Hopefully soon I'll find another project and post it. Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs