2017 Year in Review!

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

2017 has been such a crazy ride for our family! Here are some of the highlights of our year!

  • Our baby turned one! She is walking, talking, trying to run, laughing and gives the best cuddles a mom could ask for. I love her spontaneous big hugs around my neck. I also love the lifestyle I live with her. We have lots of laughs, cuddles, snuggles in the rocking chair and in the morning, and she loves stealing my chick-fil-a milkshakes. Annie is my world and I couldn't be more thankful for her. 
  • We put our house up for rent, moved to an apartment and we're in the process of building a house! This has been CRAZY. We finally are able to accomplish our goal of making our house a rental property. We found some great tenants, and while it's hard to emotionally part with our first little home, it's exciting to be in a place where we could accomplish that goal, and on top of that, build a new house! It has been harder than I thought moving back into an apartment and putting 75% of our stuff into storage while we live there - especially since the building process has taken so much longer than I thought - but it has also been fun. I'm lucky enough to have a husband that makes any challenge or adventure be fun. Our house should be done hopefully at the beginning of the year - but I don't think the timeline will beat the new baby's arrival. That was a hard pill to swallow, since that meant no nesting, but with all things considered, we couldn't be happier or more excited about all the upcoming events of baby and new house! 
  • Speaking of baby- we're expecting one! We are getting another little girl in January. We couldn't be more excited! A lot of people have been giving me their condolences that we aren't getting a boy next, but to be 1000% honest, we are THRILLED that we are having another girl. I love life with a little girl, and I love that Annie is getting a little sister to play with. Bring on the dolls, stuffed animals, giggles and bows! We cannot wait to meet her and have her join our family! 
  • Tyler is an IRON MAN! Tyler and his twin brother came up with the plan last year to accomplish their goal of being Iron Men. Tyler has trained so hard and finally earned his goal. He completed a half iron man in Galveston in the spring, and then completed a full Ironman in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho in August. To say that I'm proud of him is an understatement. He worked so hard on this goal - on top of working really hard at work (he was working 2 positions at the same time during all of his training!) and being a rockstar husband and father at home. I'm proud of Tyler. My man has true grit!

  • Speaking of Tyler, he got a promotion at work this year! He went from being a Sales Analyst for the Coca-Cola Sam's Club Team, to being the Coca-Cola Account Manager for Sam's Club Cafe. He has been handling both of these positions since the spring, and we are waiting for his old role to get backfilled so that his load will finally be a little lighter. I am so proud of him. He really has earned and worked so hard for this promotion. I could beam on and on about him, but I think you get the picture. My husband is a rock star! 
Ps - Tyler's name is finally on the sidewalk at U of A for his Masters!
  • As far as trips this year, we had a fun family reunion with the different branches of Tyler's family in Utah, Colorado and again in Hawaii! It was A BLAST! We have loved being able to spend so much time with family in all the different fun settings. 
Colorado: 

Cedar City, Utah:

Hawaii: 
Our tired travelers from Hawaii! 
  • We just recently got released from our church callings. I was serving in the Stake Young Womens Presidency and Tyler was part of the Singles Ward Branch Presidency. We have loved the people that we have been able to serve and serve with. Our testimonies have grown and we have been able to see from different perspectives the love that God has for all of His children. It has been a blessing to be able to serve in those roles and feel so much love for the people around us. 
  • Photography has been a fun area of growth for me this year! I've been able to do some really special sessions - including being apart of a labor/delivery. It has been amazing to meet such sweet families and capture their special moments. I did a photoshoot swap with my sisters family and here are some of our faves from that shoot! 










Those are some of the big items of business in our year! We can't wait for all that 2018 will hold for us! Happy New Year to you all! We love you! 

1 comment :

  1. I laugh every time I see the picture of the four of us after the ironman race hahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs