That One Special Day

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Okay, so since this blog pretty much replaces my journal (considering I never pull that thing out to update it) I figure I will post about my wedding day on here. So Tyler and I got married on December 18 of 2012 in the San Diego, California LDS Temple. Which is this big, unreal, gorgeous place in this picture below. A funny part about that day is that it rained. From what I understand about California is that 95% of the time it is perfect weather: sunny and fairly warm. On our wedding day it was overcast and really rainy for California standards. From what I understand it's good luck to have rain on your wedding day, so I'll take it then! It caused some communication  errors though so when we came out of the temple doors. The first time we came out, no one was there to greet us. Tyler and I thought were a little confused, turned around, laughed for a little bit, and then a few minutes later, tried again. By that time the family had started to run towards our door (they had all been at the other door) so we had a some friends there to greet us and then the rest soon followed. After having a short and rainy photo shoot, we headed over to our reception spot. It was BEAUTIFUL! Tyler's parents made the California reception hall a surprise and it was amazing. It was a restaurant right on the beach with huge windows showing the ocean. At the reception we had the delicious food, and then the famous roast! I had never heard of a roast before meeting Tyler and his family but it's an event at the wedding where everyone stands up and.. well.. basically roasts you! They tell any and all embarrassing stories that they can think of regarding you. They had too much fun with it but it was a blast and I highly recommend roasts at weddings now. Here are some pictures of some of our roasters:
So after getting completely roasted we cut the cake, danced our dance, had another little photo shoot, and went on our way! The best part about that day though, other than getting married to the man of my dreams, was being able to celebrate it with both of our families and some of our friends. It honestly made the occasion 100 times better that had it just been Tyler and I. Here are some pictures of the great people that came to our special day. I can't post a picture of everyone that came, because that would be overwhelming, but here are a few of my favorite shots.






Some of our whole big awesome family! 
We love our family! We can't express it enough! Sometimes we aren't the best at calling and communicating with everyone since we get caught up in our busy lives, so it was nice to have an event that brought everyone to the same vicinity again. We also love that we got married. That's a big plus too! ;)


Thanks for reading! I'll try to post again soon, I promise!
With Love,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs