Dog Sitting (well Kind of...)

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Brother and Sister in Law went out of town this weekend for her last track meet. While they were gone they asked us to watch their dogs. As a side note, I've been craving some puppy time so we brought the little dog, Cocoa home one night and just spoiled her. It was her turn since the other day I took the big one out on a run through this awesome trail by our house. So we brought Cocoa home, gave her a bath, and gave her good dog-rubs the rest of the night. Then, of course when it was time to go to sleep she cried most of the night because attention time was over and she's used to her night life outside. I thought she was out of her puppy crying stage but I guess not. Oh well, it was still fun. Needless to say though after I dropped her off back at her house I scrubbed and vacuumed the entire apartment so that there wouldn't be any left over dog smell or hair. I guess that's a good way to motivate my spring cleaning. After that we took both of the dogs on walks and then since last night was the last time to feed them we also gave them some rawhide bones. They loved it.

They were too excited to stand or sit still for even two seconds. Oh, and beware: Layla is still a puppy, but you can tell from her size she's already a huge boxer, so when she jumps up on you and is knocking you over she doesn't even realize that you are trying to push her off.
Here she is on one of our runs. She's a great running partner. She'll
pull you along to a run even if you're wanting to walk.

 Crazy dog ruined my outfit with slobber and dirt every time I went over. But she's still awesome :). We had a lot of fun with them both.

Thanks Caleb for letting us watch your dogs! We had fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs