5 Months Married!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hey everyone!

I hope you guys had a good week! Saturday was our 5 month mark of being married (time is seriously flying). On Friday, since we both had the day off, we went up to Branson, MO and had a little get away day. It was great. We woke up at a decent hour, ran and grabbed some doughnuts- as a treat to ourselves, and drove the 2 hour drive to Branson. We started off with Silver Dollar City (a classic theme park of my childhood) and lived it up. We went into Grandfather's Mansion (pretty much a fun house) and got our headache started off there. (The fact that headaches are coming quicker and stronger at theme parks makes me feel old. I'm only 20! I shouldn't be having a rough time yet!) We then went and did all of the rides and rode the new Outlaw Run ride. It's awesome! It was our first time to ride it and we both got on nice and excited to experience it. As the workers came by to do the last push on the lap belts to make sure they were secure, I noticed that the greasy high school kid in front of me had soaking wet hair. My fear was confirmed when as soon as the speed for the ride increased my face was getting pelted with water. So much for screaming with my mouth open. Blech! So, we tried again later and decided to ride on the front row. I was pumped and felt like there would be no problems. I was wrong. Happy Mr. Tyler was loving the ride so much that every time he threw his hands up he was smacking me right in the face and he was completely oblivious about it too. I tried to hold his hands down but it was useless. The lesson learned is that 1. Tyler on a roller coaster is an out of control Tyler and 2. Next time I want to ride a new ride with no set backs I need to sit by myself on the front row.

You may not believe me, but I'm standing straight up. Crooked floors! 


So after our big morning at Silver Dollar City we headed to the Tanger Outlet Malls. I had been having a hard time with finding clothes this summer that I liked. I've been trying to find classier clothes and some shorts that are longer than my rear and I found some shorts and tops that I'm obsessed with for a heck of a deal! We seriously found some awesome bargains at the Outlet Gap. I found all of my summer finds that I've been wanting there. It was a successful trip. 

Look at these summer colors! Love it! 
 So after our fun shopping day (even Tyler was having a good time!) We drove 30 minutes to one of Tyler's favorite restaurants, Lamberts. He went there for the first time at our family reunion last fall and loved it. It's just your typical southern cuisine restaurant except that it's always packed, they throw the rolls at you to catch and there are people walking around serving random side dishes onto your paper towels. It's fun and we highly recommend it. Here are some of the pictures we snapped while waiting in the summer sun for our names to be called.


Trying to decide on the best meal. You can see his messy side of the
table before we've even ordered our food. 
 It was a great little get away! We came home and were worn out! Poor Tyler had to work early the next morning!

On Saturday while Tyler was at work I had a meeting/party with my girls camp girls at my Mom's house. We had watermelon, punch and tons of other little snacks. I had a blast working on their cheers and skits with them. Seriously they are some of the sweetest and funniest girls. I cannot wait to spend a week at camp with them. I might be a handful for Tyler when I get home.

So today after church we tried out a new recipe. Tyler loved it and wants it to be a family favorite but I'm still not sure how I feel. It's a lot of zest! Here's the link to the recipe though in case you want to try it! I halved it since it's only the 2 of us and I only used 1/4 of the lemon juice. It's pretty zesty! But as far as cooking it though it was pretty easy and quick! (oh, and thanks to our new garlic mincer, it was fun for me!

Mini little update: we got a KitchenAid as a graduation present! Thanks to Lynn and Tyler's Mom. It's this gorgeous Robin's Egg blue color. We love it! Hopefully one day we can have a larger kitchen that will give it the space it deserves! With due time I suppose.

Well, we are in the middle of watching Robin Hood (the one with Kevin Costner!) and having a relaxing little Sunday night. Until next time, thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs