Our Life as Sunbeam Teachers.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

So as you know, Tyler and I teach the sunbeams (3 year old class) at our church. It's seriously so fun! Today since it was Mother's Day all of the men in the church took over for the women in Primary and in Young Women's so that all of the ladies could go to Relief Society and Sunday School. It was so nice but last night I helped Tyler get prepared for his lesson today since it was going to be just him and a substitute. After church he came back and told me that it went awesome and all of the kids loved the activity so I thought I would share it in off chance that someone else teaching little kids might be needing some ideas. The lesson today was about how we have bodies and how important it is to take care of them (Deep doctrine I know!)
So, for the bodies part, we just made a blank face and then cut out things to put on it. Things like eyes, hair, nose, mouths, ears, etc. The kids just drew all of these items out of a bag and then stuck it onto the face. Tyler said that they loved it. I made boy face items and girl face items and they had fun with it. They put the girls hair on the boy as a mustache and etc. I'm glad they had so much fun and it was so easy to make! The best part about it is that even if you can't color and draw well, it doesn't matter! It's just the activity that they enjoy! (I'm proof of that!) 


The next activity that we prepared for them is about the things you put in your body. I made healthy foods and then not so healthy foods. They would draw these one of these out of the bags and put it in the "Healthy-eat whenever" pile or else in the "Not so Healthy- eat only every once in while" pile. They loved this one as well! I'm so glad! 


The last activity I got ready for them was for Mother's Day. I just got these fuzzy pipe lines for them to make flowers for their Mom's with. Tyler said he had to help them a little with the twisting and making it look good (our class is so funny, even when making things with playdough they want it to look perfect.). It still went well, it's just an activity you have to help them a bit more with.
We stayed up late Saturday night working on all of it. We watched a movie, did some arts and crafts for the class and just made it a cute date. Here is a picture of Tyler at like 1:30 in the morning once we were all done. He's such a great husband!
our happy Sunday School Teacher the night before! 
Well that is our happy Sunday School update and here is one of our happy Sunday Schoolers... he also is my nephew which is why this photo isn't in a church setting at all. This picture actually has nothing to do with anything but I thought I would add it because it's just too cute to exclude!


Once again, thanks for reading! 

Love, 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs